Tuesday 13 December 2016

Nnamdi Kanu insists: “I cannot be tried in secret” – in response to today’s secret-trial ruling, roped in by a Binta Nyako in the kangaroo court, Abuja, Nigeria, Tuesday 13 December 2016

(Nnamdi Kanu: ... leader of Indigenous People of Biafra and freedom broadcaster, Radio Biafra)
Nnamdi Kanu’s historic response, reported by the Vanguard, Lagos, Tuesday 13 December 2016, 1615 GMT:

I won’t stand this travesty of justice. Buhari spoke in public. He accused me in public. I must also be allowed to stand my trial in public.

This is nonsense! I will give testimony before the court! By the time I finish, there will be no Nigeria. This is no sharia court. It is a court that operates under common law.

There will be no screening of witnesses, no fake identities or fake addresses. I cannot be tried in secret. No! Nnamdi Kanu cannot be jailed in secret! They are mad. Why must I be tried in secrecy by a government that does not obey court orders?

They are killing my people in public; after killing my people, they want to try me in private? That person is mad. I won’t allow it.
(John Coltrane Quartet, “Consequences” – 4th movement in First Meditations {for Quartet} [personnel: Coltrane, tenor saxophone; McCoy Tyner, piano; Jimmy Garrison, bass; Elvin Jonesdrums; recorded: Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, US, 2 November 1965])
Twitter @HerbertEkweEkwe


No comments:

Post a Comment